Have you heard? The world is in a bit of state.
We need kick-ass changemakers now more than ever. Can you help?
What is a Kick-ass Changemaker?
To be kick-ass is to be pretty impressive or powerful.
It means to have a strong effect on someone or something.
To be forceful and powerful.
Also to be exceptionally good; spectacular, impressive, etc.
So a kick-ass CHANGEMAKER is all of these things – but is also someone who is making the world a better place in the process.
Who you will be working for?
Planet Earth and its people.
Kick-ass changemaker objectives
To help save the world – by actively working to solve social and environmental problems – through creating and delivering solutions in collaboration with others.
Useful past experience.
You don’t need extensive past experience, you just need to be committed.
However previous experience in: communication, diplomacy, campaigning, admin, tea-making, bridge building and optimism….will all come in handy. (for the extensive list join the waitlist for my new ebook*)
- Self-belief – to know that you have what it takes. You need to believe that you have what it takes to make a difference and the commitment to do it.
- Find your purpose – what gets you really riled? Well use that passion to focus on how you can best apply your energy and skills to do something about it. There are enough issues to choose from…climate change, plastic pollution, social injustice, food waste….anyone??
- Ability to trust your intuition. Do you take time to be still and quiet each day? We already know alot more than we realise, we just need to listen. So being able to listen to and trust your inner voice is a must for any kick-ass changemaker.
- A clear head – you are able to cut through the static. There is so much noise around us and in our own head that it’s sometimes easy to get confused & distracted. So an ability to keep a clear head is a bonus for this particular role.
- Willingness to learn from others already doing it. Speak to other kick-ass changemakers who are already doing it. Be willing to ask for advice and perhaps find a mentor.
- Collaboration with other kick-ass changemakers. Did you know that geese are 70% faster when they fly together? To be successful in this role you really need to work well with others and be a great team player.
What it takes to excel in this role
- Patience & empathy
- Determination & commitment
- Passion & enthusiasm.
What to expect
Long hours, uncertain pay, long periods of frustration.
However there is a high feel good factor which comes with saving the world.
When should I start?
Planet Earth and its People need you to start immediately.
Want to find out more? My new e-book ‘The Kick-ass Changemaker Playbook’ is out in September – email me to join the waitlist [email protected]